Artificial intelligence began in the 1950s. Artificial intelligence means – intellectual ability developed in an artificial way. John McCarthy is one of the “founding fathers” of artificial intelligence, together with Alan Turing, Marvin Minsky, Allen Newell, and Herbert A. According to John McCarthy, it is the science and engineering of making intelligent machines, especially intelligent computer programs that is demonstrated by machines. It studies about how the human brain thinks and learns while solving a problem, how it makes decisions and how it works.
This is how Artificial Intelligence started
- Artificial intelligence began in the 1950s.
- its importance was recognized in the 1970s.
- Japan was the first to take this initiative and in 1981 launched a scheme called Fifth Generation. In this, the outline of 10-year program for the development of supercomputers is presented.
- A 10-year program for the development of supercomputers was presented in it.
- After this, other countries also paid attention to this. Britain created a project called ‘Elvi’ for this. The euro
- European Union countries also introduced a program called ‘Esprit’.
- In 1983, some private organizations jointly formed a consortium ‘Micro-Electronics and Computer Technology’ to develop advanced technologies applicable to Artificial Intelligence, such as Very Large Scale Integrated Circuits.
Key applications of artificial intelligence
- Computer Gaming
- Natural Language Processing
- Expert System
- Vision System
- Speech Recognition
- Intelligent Robot
Besides, running a very complex system, inventing new chemicals, from the mining industry to space, from the stock market to insurance companies there is no such field of human life left Which does not interfere with artificial intelligence.
Prospects of Artificial Intelligence in India
- By making significant progress in the fields of robotics, virtual reality, cloud technology, big data, artificial intelligence and machine learning, and other technologies, the prospects of the fourth industrial revolution in India are beginning to be explored in the near future.
- The time is coming for the country to accept future technologies such as artificial intelligence and machine learning to enhance capacity in health care, improve education, develop innovative governance systems for citizens and improve overall economic productivity of the country.
The impact of artificial intelligence
- Artificial intelligence will change our way of living and functioning. Techniques such as robotics and virtual reality will see revolutionary changes in production and manufacturing methods. According to an Oxford University study, one and a half million jobs will end up in the US in the next two decades alone. Perhaps in the world of Artificial Intelligence, we will deal with employment-related challenges, but the biggest threat will be difficult to avoid. Therefore, it is clear that as many advantages as machines with artificial intelligence, there are as many dangers. Experts say that thinking robots can cause danger to humanity if they start to consider humans as their enemies in some reason or situation. All machines and weapons can revolt.